Thursday, November 4

A parallel Tale: The Life Aquatic

How very rococo. There is something all too familiar about this revenger's tale of the shark that et his friend. And it appears that Nelson's doppelganger got some work of it, too. Very nice for him, but we still have to endure the strangely compelling image (now burned on my retinas, alas) of Mr. William Murray, Actor, in a skin-tight silver dive suit. Preening, as only Mr. Murray can do. It nearly made me spit Earl Grey (the tea, my dears, THE TEA) all over my screen. Still, the music is very lively.

Perhaps some Hollywood type has been following the saga of Gus and the whale that et his kid, wife, and arm. Gus could probably get a writer's or adaptation credit.

7 comments:

Ginny said...

I suppose I am very late to the party, as per usual.

Ginny said...

You are somewhat tardy, but the fillim hasn't even opened yet. Plenty of time for a quick one.

Anonymous said...

no ginny, I think I take the cake for being 10 steps behind. That is just weird city. Also looking forward to that movie.

myrtle

Anonymous said...

dear miz myrtle and miz ginny....

y'all may both be a day late and a dollar short, but i've got both of ya beat...as an alabamian, i can sincerely say we're aprox. 15 *years* behind most everyone. and in some areas, we haven't even progressed past *the war of northern aggression*, socially or intellectually. *pets* so don't feel bad re: 'the life aquatic.' chances are we won't get it in hicksville until it comes out on video. public demand got us the latest michael moore film, even tho it was here just a few days. of course, *the passion* was here for weeks n weeks n weeks more. i'm just sayin' it's obvious which side bama's biscuits are buttered on....the right. *w*

laura

p.s. miz b, snuggs asked me to put in her request for a weekend night off, as she says she has a date. she worked a double today, sans the manolo blahnik's, and said her cuddin cj would cover her shift on *date nite*. brown nos....erm, thankin' you in advance on her behalf.....

l.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ginny said...

Good heavens. I suspect I shall have to track that down and verify it. I do wish there was a Factcheck.org for comments, or maybe there is already and I missed it. If Mr. Zissou is merely an admirer, well, it's quite understandable. I do hope it's not a stalkerish sort of situation, but with everyone bobbing around in the middle of the Briney it's not likely to end in a nasty court case so I suppose that's all right.